28 March 2017
Quality Engineer - Rompa CZ
1. Who is Marketa Slezackova in a nutshell and what is your function at Rompa CZ?
“I am 35 years old, mother of 2 children and I am Quality Engineer at Rompa CZ.”
2. How long have you been working for Rompa CZ and is your current position your first position at the Rompa CZ?
“I have been working at Rompa CZ for 8 years. Currently I have the position of Quality Engineer and I am mainly responsible for automotive customers, especially for Robert Bosch. It is not my first position at Rompa CZ: I started to work on the Technology Department and after that I spent at least 4 years on the Engineering Department as Project Engineer for injection molded technology as well as for thermoforming parts.”
3. Tell me how a typical day at the office looks like. What do you do and who do you speak?
“My typical day…Well, I do not have typical day at work. I participate on several working levels. One of them is that I cooperate with project engineering for implementation of new parts to serial production. Also I have to cover and set up quality procedures and level of quality checks. Part of my job is training of Quality Inspectors with regards to checking of parts. As you can see, my job is quite divers.”
4. When exactly do you come along in a process? And how do you start?
“In the process I am on both sides: At the beginning, because I cooperate on in the project phase, where I participate in setting production processes and setting levels of checking for unique projects. And of course at the end of processes, because I am every day in touch with serial production and have to solve issues during the production phase. Last but not the least I have to cover complaints from customers as well as internally.”
5. What makes Rompa…. Rompa? And what makes Rompa unique in the plastics industry?
“For me as an employee it is important that I cooperate with the management of Rompa CZ very closely, we know each other very well. Rompa is a very flexible company and Rompa has really good relationships with customer on every level, from management to each department. We always try to support our customer so he will be satisfied.“
6. What trends and developments do you see within the Quality branche and how will they effect the Rompa Group?
“One of the trends is prevention of potential failure and elimination of risks. The second trend, but no less important, is traceability (as much as possible) and digitalization of data. Language of customers and special developed applications are getting more and more important as well.”
7. How do you stay ahead in your line of work and how do you stay informed?
“The most important is that people should be open to learn new things, new ways and new technology. You have to want to learn. Learning, every day at work, because every day you can get new experiences if you want. Of course day to day experience should be supported by training.”
8. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
“Where I will be in 5 years….nobody knows. Now I am focused on customer quality for specific customers. In future I want to focus more on quality systems, be more involved in Rompa CZ systems and participate in its improvement.”
9. Who is your example, your role model?
“I do not think that I have any example role models in my life. For me it is more important that I am proud of my own actions and be never ashamed for what I do.”
10. What is your motto?
“What does not kill you, makes you stronger.”