28 March 2017
Toni Xiao – Quality Manager at Rompa Shunxing (China)
1. Who is Toni Xiao in a nutshell and what is your function at the Rompa Group?
“I am Tony Xiao from Wuhan city in China with 22 years of work experience in the field of quality and production. I am responsible for the quality environmental / EICC-system at Rompa Shunxing in Jiangmen.”
2. How long have you been working for the Rompa Group and is your current position your first position at the Rompa Group?
“I have been working for the Rompa Group for 7 years now; initially as Quality Vice Manager and now as Quality Manager.”
3. Tell me how a typical day at the office looks like. What do you do and who do you speak?
“Well, an ordinary day involves ISO/TS16949, ISO9000, ISO14000, EICC, ROHS/REACH system management, to throw in some technical details. Every day I also go to the production workshop to check the condition of our quality management. I directly speak to any related team member, from the workers on the production floor to the General Manager. I am quite independent and can control my own working hours and that also involves, of course, that I can make a cup of tea for example and talk with my colleagues about Rompa developments or the local news.”
4. What makes Rompa….Rompa? And what makes Rompa unique in the plastics industry?
“The Rompa leader‘s magnanimity and self-discipline is what makes Rompa Rompa. In fact Rompa is a bridge of friendship and mutual understanding. Many of our team members have families and friendships at Rompa. I got to know many companies in the plastics industry over de last 22 years, also like Rompa with famous top customers, but there is not one like Rompa.”
5. What is (are) your specialization(s)? What do you contribute to the company?
“I am proficient in standard programming and process system management, simplification of complex processes in order to make things easy for production and quality management. Contribution-wise I have established the ISO/TS16949 system and I strongly recommended a blister mold with brass insert, instead of aluminum alloy insert of spray Teflon. That is a great technological innovation.”
6. Which achievements have made you proud?
“I passed my third party of Microsoft EICC audit.”
7. What are your ambitions for the next 5 years and how do you want to achieve them?
“On a personal level I hope my daughter will grow happily and my parents will stay healthy. On a personal business level I hope to win the service award within the next ten years and then I will give the bonuses to my wife. For Rompa Group I hope we will continue to grow and the way I look at that these days that will come true.”
8. What is it that you do to stay on top with regards to knowledge and expertise?
“Mainly learn from our customers to get a lot of new knowledge. Other things I do are specialized trainings at some professional institutions and read articles on internet.”
9. Who is your example, your role model?
“Steve Jobs. A genius that had every right idea and put them into practice.”
10. What is your motto?
“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, or as we say: 千里之行始于足下。