18 June 2018
Bringing in new projects is one thing, making sure they proceed without a hitch is another. As a Project Manager at this versatile production and development organisation in the plastics industry, you will be responsible for all aspects of project management. Rompa develops complete plastic products, including electronic components, assembly, and consumer packaging. As a Project Manager, you are responsible for more than just the plastic product itself; you develop custom solutions that include decoration, the manufacture of electronic components, assembly, and supply chain management as part of our service to customers.
As a Project Manager, you collaborate with the Sales department to develop effective, fitting offers. After a new project has been awarded to Rompa, you are in charge of making sure the idea is turned into a successful product. Furthermore, you provide support during the various certification procedures that the final products go through. You are positioned at the heart of the entire process. Whether it is about communicating with the engineers about mould construction and planning or with the injection moulding specialists about trials and release: you make sure that the project goes as planned. Of course, you are supported by a highly motivated international team with which you can overcome the biggest challenges.
Tasks and responsibilities
- You serve as the internal and external point of contact at the head of the project;
- Drawing up and safeguarding the project planning;
- Responsible for the budget & planning;
- Supporting and advising the customer regarding new projects (in collaboration with Sales);
- Communicating with the project’s stakeholders, e.g. customers, suppliers, and tool makers;
- Jointly responsible for making technical decisions.
- Higher-education (hbo) level of working and thinking (or higher);
- At least five years of experience in a similar position where all disciplines come together;
- Communication is key, so that should be one of your strong suits;
- Excellent verbal and written command of English;
- Experience with product certification processes;
- Affinity with technology;
- Experience with electronics is a plus;
- You enjoy working on an ad-hoc and flexible basis;
- Experience with Eastern-European and/or Asian markets is a plus;
- You enjoy the prospect of travelling abroad several times per year (circa 20% of your total time).